Beaches with golden sand and a deep blue sea, is what awaits you in this corner of Mexico. Manzanillo is a coastal city in the state of Colima, which is famous for its tranquility and friendly people. But make no mistake, there are many interesting and fun things to do in this lovely place!
- Visit the Manzanillo Bay boardwalk, one of the most traditional sites in the city, where you’ll observe sculptures made by different local artists.
- Explore the Iguanary of Archundia, a site dedicated to preserving the native iguanas of this port, it has been in operation for 38 years and is home to approximately 550 specimens.
- Discover its cozy historic center, located on the seafront. Admire the kiosk and stroll through the Alvaro Obregon Garden, where you’ll find stands of tropical fruits, bread, all kinds of Mexican snacks and a little bit of mud crafts.
- Stroll through its golden beaches, including Miramar beach, La Audacia, Barra de Navidad, Olas Altas and Playa de Oro.
- On the outskirts of Manzanillo you can find the archaeological site of La Campana, part of the Tehuchitlan tradition, highlighting the presence of chamber tombs, ceramic offerings, a civic and ceremonial center, pyramids, temples and the ball game.
- You can practice water sports such as snorkeling, diving and sport fishing, where the sailfish is the most wanted!
- Delight with its most representative dish , the Colima ceviche, prepared with sailfish or grouper. Shrimp a la diabla, prawns, grilled fish and michi broth, are other local delicacies. You can also season your food with lemon from Colima, a variety of acidic lime that, although not originally from America, is botanically registered as a Mexican lemon.
Plus, Colima offers you its legendary volcano, coffee plantations and Comala, a surrealist town that inspired Juan Rulfo to create his novel Pedro Paramo. Don’t miss the best of this destination with NexusTours!